Thursday, September 19, 2013

Reel Thursday: Upcoming Romance-Comedy Films (2013)

These past few months, I've been watching and re-watching old romance-comedy/romantic comedy/chick flick films, those that were in theaters in the late 90s or early 2000's. Some of them I really liked, some I didn't even get to finish because of the absurdity. The most recent (2013-ish) romance-comedy film that I've watched was.. you see? I cannot even remember. Now, I'm really hungry for new romance-comedy films that I can feast on. 


Photo taken from Wikipedia

First upcoming film that I'm looking forward to is The Spectacular Now. It stars Miles Teller (from Project X and 21 and Over) and Shailene Woodley, who will play as Hazel Grace in the movie adaptation of The Fault in Our Stars. The Spectacular Now is about your usual high school guy (popular and everyone's guy) who gets dumped by his girlfriend and in turn meets a not so ordinary girl who's not in the spotlight in high school. The film also deals about the concept of 'living in the moment,' thus the title, The Spectacular Now. I'm also quite fascinated with the idea of living in the 'now,' that's why I'm more excited to watch this film. Check out the trailer here:


The next movie that I'm waiting for is The To Do List, which stars Aubrey Plaza (from Parks and Recreation). The movie's about a girl, Brandy (Aubrey Plaza), who graduated valedictorian in high school and still a virgin. However, the summer before entering college, she decided to learn about sex and also lose her virginity to a guy named Rusty Waters. 



Photo taken from Wikipedia

"She's going from straight A's, to getting her first F." What a creative tagline. I'm definitely excited for this because it seems promising and fun to watch. Can't wait to have a copy of this and laugh my ass off watching Brandy try and get her very first F! Trailer below.


The last film I'm going to talk about is About Time. The title of the movie could pertain to the film tackling the idea of time or could also mean "it's almost time for something." I think it could be both, because the movie's actually about a guy who can travel in time and decides to pursue a girl that he was too shy to kiss from before. The film would eventually revolve around him trying to change his and the girl's future while traveling through time.



Photo taken from Wikipedia

I've always loved the idea of time travel. The concept being incorporated once again in a love story is making me more thrilled to watch it. The film "The Time Traveler's Wife," which was originally a book, has the same concept that involves a love story with time travel. I haven't watched the film because I really want to read the book (I already even have a copy) and it pains me that I still am not able to read it. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to watch this movie especially that it's now showing in theaters here in the Philippines. Now, I just have to have someone to watch this with. (or I can be alone too) Trailer time!


Lastly, these films have already been released and I'm just waiting to have a copy of the first two and I'm planning to watch About Time on cinema. I'm so happy that I get to watch new romance-comedy films such as these. I'm just having a withdrawal from these kinds of films because it's been so long since I've watched a good recent rom-com. 

No comments :

Post a Comment