Thursday, April 5, 2012

Trip to Full House (Incheon, South Korea)


When I was planning our (with my sister) trip to Korea, going to Full House was definitely included in our itinerary. The Korean drama ‘Full House’ is my favourite drama of all time since it was first aired in the Philippines. I was a small kid back then and the drama was aired in Tagalog dub. When I reached high school, I watched it again in Korean audio with English subtitles streaming from the internet. Until now, I am watching it over and over again. I’ve even persuaded my friends to watch it with me since I had bought an original director’s cut DVD of the drama. I love watching Korean dramas and this drama is first on my favourites list. That’s why I needed to visit its set ground.

We went to Full House on the second to the last day of our trip. I can say that it took us so much effort and time, since its location is quite far from Seoul wherein we had stayed at. So here are the details on how we got to Full House…

Since Full House is in an island called Si do, we had to go to Incheon International Airport first to ask for assistance on how to get there. Thankfully, there were English speaking tourist information assistants who helped us get a cab. We needed to take a cab first to go to Sammok harbour (still in Incheon) in order to ride a ferry to an island called Shin do. After arriving at Shin do via ferry, we actually taught that it was hopeless to continue our trip because we couldn’t see any cab. We then asked an ahjussi (mister) about how to go to Full House, and since it is a popular tourist destination, he could answer us. He made us take a bus and we asked the bus driver to drop us off near Full House. Turns out that Shin do is connected to Si do by a bridge, that’s why the bus could travel all the way there. When we arrived at a stop near Full House, it was still not in sight, therefore we asked an ahjussi again for directions. He made us follow him since he was also going to the same direction. Walking was tiring because it was so far from the stop! Forgot to mention it was also raining. (Yes, it was raining in a cold weather! Oh the torture) Then we finally arrived and all of my sufferings came to an end. The house was definitely beautiful. However, I’m disappointed that the exterior wasn’t quite preserved (it needs re-painting). But the interior was still the same as in the drama that I wanted to re-live it (fan girl madness). After touring the house, I was getting worried that we might not catch the last trip of the ferry back to Incheon which was at 6pm. Fortunately there was a taxi hotline and we asked the ahjussi caretaker of the house to call a cab for us. We then asked the cab driver to bring us to Incheon International Airport (the ferry can accommodate land vehicles). Summary of our transportation information:

Airport Train Line to Incheon International Airport > Cab to Sammok harbour > Ferry to Shin do> Bus to Si do> Full House> Cab to Incheon IA> Airport Train Line to Seoul> Cab to hotel

Monetary concerns: (per person, in Korean won)
Cab to Sammok harbour – 4,500 won
Ferry (roundtrip) – 3,600 won
Bus – 1,000 won
Cab going back – 30,000 won (this is cheap considering the convenience. Btw, this was fixed price, not by meter)
Entrance to Full House – 3,000 won                                
Travel time: 12pm to 8pm

However, I suggest that from Incheon International Airport, you should take a cab because it’s much more convenient. The cab can get into the ferry so you can just sit back and relax and let the GPS teach you the directions.

Photos!!

Ferry going to Shin do

Kitchen and dining area

Living Room

Han Ji-eun's Room

Hall, right is the door, left to the kitchen

View from the garden area


If you're planning your trip to Full House by yourself, or just simply concerned on how to get there, you can ask me about other details and I hope I can address your concerns. :)

Update:

Full house has been demolished. I have been informed by Steve Mercier that the house that we, Full House (K-drama) fans, love is now gone. Check out his comment below for his post about it.

19 comments :

  1. Hello! Love your blog post about this! I was wondering lang po just how long po ba ang travel time from the Incheon International Airport up until the actual Full House location. Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I already replied to your concern at my comment below. Hope that helps! Thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thank you and it's great that I can help. xD Anyways, from Incheon International Airport it took us about an hour or so since we waited for the ferry to get ready. So it really depends if you get to the harbour and the ferry is already set to go. Then almost 15 minutes from the harbour to the other island then 15-20 minutes to actual Full House location. I hope this helps and enjoy your trip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Thanks for the Full House tips!

    My family and I (all 13 of us – 11 adults, 1 kid, 1 baby) are visiting Korea in January 2013. I was wondering, how did you commute from the ferry terminal at Shin-do island to Shi-do island where the FH is located? Are taxis easily available on Shin-do island, and how much per trip? Thank you so much for your help.

    Looking forward to your reply,
    Dinie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello~ It's a pleasure to help. XD Anyways, when we arrived at Shin-do at that time, there was no cab available and I'm guessing that it's hard to look for one since I've read somewhere that the island only has 1 or 2 cabs available. However, a bus available right at the harbour in Shin-do. That bus can go to Shi-do where the Full House is located and go back to Shin-do also. We took that route when we went there. However, I can also suggest that you get a cab from Incheon International Airport or wherever place that you're coming from that's near Sammok harbour, then that cab can take you to Shin-do since the ferry can accomodate cars. It's also much convenient to hire a cab so that it won't be a hassle to commute from Shin-do to Shi-do and back. I hope this helps and if you have some clarifications, you can still ask me about it and I'll try to answer as much as I can.

      Thank you very much! :D

      Delete
  4. How long we can reach to full house? Does it need a long time? Because I have flight at evening (5pm) but I wanna go there before I take my flight at Incheon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment. By the way, if you're coming from Incheon International Airport, the trip would take a minimum of one hour or so and that's going to Full House and back to Incheon. I suggest you allot 3 hours for this trip. Better safe than sorry! This is just my estimate so I hope it helps. I hope you have a great trip to Korea! :)

      Delete
  5. Hello. Glad you were able to visit the house. It has since been destroyed: http://stevenmercier.blogspot.kr/2013/04/the-full-house-house-has-been-destroyed.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for informing me. I read your post and it's too bad that you weren't able to visit the house. I consider myself lucky to have been able to visit it before it was torn down. This is a sad news to all Full House fans like myself. Anyways, thanks for the tip!

      Delete
    2. this broke my heart </3 :'(
      I was planning to visit full house this fall. I should have visited it last winter. but tnx for the info, Steve.
      ... you're very lucky, Genina!

      Delete
    3. Aw yeah, I was so sad too. When I visited, it was not quite like the original one, considering exterior. Maybe it was better for them to tear it down than to let it wither.. I consider myself lucky too~ It's too bad though for you guys.. I hope you got to visit it too

      Delete
  6. I'm crying now... i'm in seoul and i've planned to go to see full house... T.T thanks for the information! You're a lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Demolished?! I'm going to seoul this upcoming 25th oct, so sad.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH no, im travelling to Korea, was thinking of going there in two weeks T.T

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hai genina, that's good story..
    i have plan trip to korea in this year, and i have itenary to go to full house :)
    I will arrives at incheon ariports in 9 AM,
    do you know about schedule the ferry?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hai,

    nice to see your blog. and also i like to see all pictures, which you are taken from Full House. as a architecture i want to see all inside pictures of it. if you can please help me to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi guys,
    I'm from myanmar.And there's a fact i wanna know is that who own Full House?Can i still visit there?Can anyone answer me?Please,i'm a fan Of Full House too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. too bad it was demolished. :(

    ReplyDelete