Monday, September 23, 2013

K-Mondays: For the love of Kpop! Featuring Super Junior's Marry U.


If you've been a fan of Super Junior for quite some time now, you must know what Marry U is. It's a song from SuJu's album, Don't Don. It was released way back in 2007, when I just started to get into Kpop. Alright, I was an ELF (Super Junior's fan club) back then, but I unfortunately outgrew my love for them. Back in 2007, my friends and I loved the song Marry U and even had its lyrics memorized, so that we can sing along whenever we play it. I even printed copies with different colors depending on whose part it should be. My two friends and I, having memorized the lyrics already, decided that we make a music video. We were in high school, and having digital cameras were not yet that usual for teens like us back then. Also, we didn't have time and the creativity to actually come up with a concept. In short, we couldn't make the music video. Time passed by and we've already graduated from high school a long time ago, and now I'm done with college and the two of them are also graduating.

The three of us get together from time to time but we usually don't remember our pact back then to make a music video of us singing Marry U. However, just last week, we got together again and did it! Nowadays, it's easier to come up with those kinds of videos even if it's just poorly made. The sad thing though is that our other friend was not present in the video and only the two of us were in it. That makes us more excited though, because we can make another one with all three of us. We just made this video for the sake of making one (out of boredom and unwillingness to go to school) and I ultimately regretted having made that video. Haha! I will definitely not post it here because of how indescribable I look in the video. I'll provide some screenshots though..



It only took us three hours making the video, including the shooting and the editing. We used photo booth to shoot the videos and I edited it using iMovie. We had fun making it but we definitely regret the poor quality of this "music video." Nonetheless, we both relived our love for Super Junior from when we were in high school and it brought back so much memories. It also made me realize how long I've been a Kpop fan. I know that I've already outgrown Super Junior just for 2 years of liking them, but I believe that it will take years and years of outgrowing Kpop altogether. 


Happy six years of Kpop lovin' to me!

No comments :

Post a Comment