Thursday, August 1, 2013

Reel Thursday: How I Met Your Mother

(This post is so text heavy that I decided to put random screen captures of my favorite scenes from How I Met Your Mother between paragraphs)

I know, I know. How I Met Your Mother is not a movie, and I dedicate Thursdays for movies. Sometimes you just got to change the rules in accordance to time and changes of generations because believe it or not (believe it!!), dinosaurs do not exist anymore and guess what, Jose Rizal is not alive anymore! Do you realize that people? Our ancient rules have got to change because what's unusual then is not that unusual anymore at this day. If we keep on clinging to the past, there wouldn't be a chance for us to develop and look forward to many many years of discovery and innovation. 


Let's go to the mall by Robin Sparkles

I got off topic didn't I? I was just pointing out how rules CAN be changed must there be a NEED for it and so Reel Thursday would still be called Reel Thursday but with Western series included and not just movies. For those of you who aren't aware of what How I Met Your Mother is, well, I know you google a lot and within seconds you'll be able to find out what that LEGEN - wait for it - DARY series is all about. On the other hand, die hard fangirls and boys like me already knew what that legendary joke was all about. Or do you want to slap bet on it? Hah.


The Scuba Diver, a hidden play in Barney's Playbook.

I see these kinds of series, by these kinds of series I meant those like How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM), Friends, The Big Bang Theory, and New Girl, as a companion. I see them as friends who accompany me through my lonely nights or even make me laugh when I'm feeling very down. They're all friends in the series, a part of a group; and watching them makes me feel like I'm one of them too. Another thing that I love about series like these is the realizations that it can bring people. I may not be their age but seeing them struggling with it while having other people to turn to with the same problems is really touching and I get very inspired by them. 


When they finally found the Best Burger in New York.

How I Met Your Mother is special to me because it is the first American sitcom that I watched and totally loved. Now that it's almost coming to an end, season 9 being the last season, and the mere fact that the Mother was finally revealed to the public even before Ted met her, is a huge leap from the otherwise long yet fun ride the HIMYM team took us in. I will definitely miss this series and will make lots and lots of posts about it (like I did when I finished Friends, I ranted out on Twitter and Tumblr) in this blog. For the mean time, I'll enjoy some of the old episodes while sipping hot tea and being all snuggly inside my comforter.


Check this out. Ted's kids ranting out to their father about him telling all sorts of (inappropriate) stories to his children and not letting them go anywhere for eight long years until he finishes the story of how he met their mother.

No comments :

Post a Comment