Monday, August 12, 2013

K-Mondays: Places To Visit in Seoul

I have been writing and talking and writing about my trip to South Korea last December 2011. I still haven't gotten over it because it was such a dream come true to even just step foot on Incheon International Airport. I can't wait for the time that I'm announcing my second trip to Korea, but I doubt that it's in the near future. I shall patiently wait and save money should that time come. For the mean time, I'm going to list some places to go to in Seoul that I haven't gone to during my previous visit.

1. Restaurants in Hongdae



Haha's Palja Makchang Restaurant in Hongdae (still from Running Man ep 103)

When I went to Seoul last 2011, I didn't get to go around Hongdae and just visited the Coffee Prince cafe. I regret it so much that I promise myself that the next time I go to Korea, I'd go around Hongdae for a whole day. There are many restaurants and cool stuff in Hongdae so I doubt that anyone who wants to visit Seoul doesn't know about it. First example of a restaurant that I would visit is Haha's Palja Makchang. Out of curiousness and my love for Haha and Running Man, I shall visit his restaurant, in hopes of somehow seeing him attending to customers. But that's just hopeful thinking. *sighs*


Tom's Cat Cafe in Hongdae (photo taken from Visit Korea website)

Other than Haha's restaurant, there are many unique restaurants in Hongdae like a Cat Cafe. I would want to visit that cafe and just play around with the kitties! (that's the life) I'm sure that even if I just wander around Hongdae, I would find interesting places to eat at and have fun.

2. Nightclubs in Hongdae


Club NB in Hongdae (photo taken from Visit Korea website)

All day I would roam around Hongdae finding places to shop & eat at but at night, I shall go to a nightclub in Hongdae. Hongdae is the center of Seoul's youthful nightlife, which means that all the cool kids go there to party! Nightclubs are lined-up somewhere in Hongdae and there's so much clubs to choose from so it's definitely a place where everybody goes to just to partaay. One club that I'll definitely visit is Club NB, which is owned by YG. Who knows, I might just run into a YG artist there? Just kidding. (But seriously though.)

3. Jjimjilbang


Jjimjilbang in Running Man ep 143

What is that? Is that some sort of a place? Well, it's a public bathhouse, usually with sauna, hot tubs, and showers. It's one of those places you usually see in K-dramas where they stay over night if they don't have anywhere to sleep. They usually eat hard-boiled eggs there and wear same colored shirts and shorts. I think it's so fun to go there with your friends and just relax, lie around, and share stories with each other while in Korea.

4. Cheongdamdong & Apgujeong


Cheongdamdong (still from Cheongdamdong Alice ep 1)

I actually considered going there when I planned our trip to Seoul back then, but decided not to go since we didn't actually have much money to afford stuff in there. Cheongdamdong and Apgujeong are places in Gangnam, the place PSY was singing about. It's a luxurious place where all over-privileged kids shop at in their spare time. They also hang-out in extravagant restaurants and cafes with probably over-priced food and drinks. Nevertheless, I'd still like to experience and observe those rich kids spend their money, maybe while drinking coffee myself. I'd also love it if I could have enough money to afford even just one little item in those luxury stores..

5. Temples


Bongeunsa Temple in Gangnam (photo taken from Visit Korea website)

I actually want to participate in a Temple Stay, since I'm really interested in Buddhism. It would be a great experience to stay at a temple for most likely two days and one night. It is a place to relax in and be one with myself and my surroundings. From time to time, it is a nice thing to meditate and it would be a complete experience if I do it in a temple, with the guidance of the monks, while away from home.

That's it for my top five places to visit in Seoul on my next trip (hopefully in the future!) to South Korea. I hope you get inspired to visit some of these places to in your trip to Korea. How about you? What are your places to visit in Seoul? 

1 comment :

  1. That looks a nice place. Thanks for sharing! Anyway, you should also try to visit Ayala Malls the 30th. I'm sure you'll love it too.

    ReplyDelete