Saturday, October 19, 2013

J-Wednesdays 水曜日だ!: Fall Anime 2013


Poster taken from here.

This anime is entitled "My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy," in Japanese, Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru, and in short, Noucome. It began airing in Japan last October 10, 2013. The story of the anime is fairly easy to understand just by reading the title. It's about a male student, Kanade Amakusa, who is suffering from his weird "mental choices" because he's usually forced to make a decision or choice between things that are not really reasonable choices. While he suffers from the curse, he meets three girls: Chocolat, a girl who fell from the sky, Furano Yukihira, Kanede's classmate who's beautiful but tells weird jokes, and Ouka Yuoji, (also Kanede's classmate) a rich girl who's air headed.

I haven't watched any of these anime that I will be talking about, but I am planning to after this busy week. Noucome is pretty interesting, and I hope that when I watch it, it would still be interesting. Sometimes when I look for new anime series to watch, I end up not continuing on watching the series just because the first episode did not give me a good first impression. I do hope that this one will not disappoint.


Poster taken from here.

Next anime is Golden Time. It's about Banri Tada, a freshman student in college. Like a typical college freshman, he's looking forward to a brand new life in college where he'll supposedly experience new things like love, and also make mistakes. It's also in the supernatural genre, because there will be some things involving Banri Tada's soul escaping his body. This anime is from a light novel with the same title, and was written by Yuyuko Takemiya, the one who also wrote Toradora!

This anime's setting is in college, and I'm very much excited to watch an anime in different settings other than in high school. Slice of life anime series are usually set in high school and I usually like slice of life but I want to watch something different this time. Servant x Service is set in a workplace yet it's also a slice of life anime, that's why I really was interested in it and ended up liking it very much. I expect huge things from this anime, because I also really like Toradora! I'm really excited to watch this one.


Poster taken from here.

Lastly, we have White Album 2. This anime series was originally from an eroge or an adult visual novel. The story is about a male high school student, Haruki Kitahara, who's a member of the light music club in their school. He plays the guitar. Their school's light music club was almost dissolved because of the other members graduating, until they put an effort into recruiting new members. 

I think that with its genre being a romance drama, it'll be full of sad romance instead of funny scenes. It would be much like Bokura ga Ita, wherein there would be a depressing aura in the series. Also, I can't help but think of the anime School Days, since it's also an eroge. School Days was a bit sick though, and I hope this would not be the same.

I look forward to watching the debut episodes of these anime series and will decide which series to watch and which ones to just leave.

P.S.

Noucome and Golden Time have trailers (with English sub) in the links that I provided.

No comments :

Post a Comment