Monday, October 28, 2013

K-Mondays: My Vote for Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) 2013.


Poster taken from here.

The Mnet Asian Music Awards will be held this November 22, 2013, again in Hong Kong! Last October 24, the voting on the MAMA website started for many different awards. I have my own picks on each categories and I would like to share them in this post. As I'm making this post, I am voting in the website, so why don't you join me in picking the most awesome among all the K-pop celebrities?

Again, these are my choices, and I'm just sharing them with you all. This post will be text-heavy as I'm writing this after a really long and tiring trip.

Best New Male Artist
My pick: Roy Kim
BTS
Bumkey
Yoo Seung Woo 
Jung Joon Young

*I only know Roy Kim among them so I chose him*

Best New Female Artist
My pick: Lee Hi
Kim Ye Lim
Ladies' Code
Yoo Seung Eun
Crayon Pop

*I'm a Lee Hi fan!*

Best Male Artist
My pick: G-Dragon
Psy
Lee Seung Gi
Lee Seung Cheul
Cho Yong Pil

*Obviously, I <3 G-Dragon*

Best Female Artist
My pick: Lee Hyo Ri
Baek Ji Young
Sun Mi
IU
Ailee

*I'd choose between IU and Ailee because I love them both, but Lee Hyo Ri deserves this one with her fierce comeback*

Best Male Group
My pick: Shinhwa
EXO
SHINee
Infinite
Teen Top

*I'd choose Bigbang over all of these groups, but seeing as Shinhwa is the really old sunbae among them, I chose them! (and they were really fun in Running Man)*

Best Female Group
My pick: 2NE1
Girls' Generation
SISTAR
f(x)
4minute

*I'm a YG stan, and I love 2NE1. Nolza baby!*

Best Dance Performance - Male Solo
My pick: G-Dragon
Jay Park
Seung Ri
Psy
Yang Yo Seob

*Yes, I'm blindly voting for GD, but you tell me if he's not good enough to win this category.*

Best Dance Performance - Female Solo
My pick: CL
G.NA
Seo In Young
Sun Mi
Lee Hyo Ri

*All of these girls are really fierce and awesome, but I had to choose the baddest female for this one.*

Best Dance Performance - Male Group
My pick: EXO
B1A4
Beast
SHINee
Infinite

*I don't really know these songs by these male groups, but I'm familiar with EXO's Growl and I even watched the MV I think. So yeah, based on familiarity.*

Best Dance Performance - Female Group
My pick: Crayon Pop
Girl's Day
Girls' Generation
SISTAR
4minute

*Bar bar bar is awesome, no matter what they say about it. Haha! It's just a fresh concept among the sexy concepts of female groups, especially in 2013*

Best Vocal Performance - Male
My pick: Lee Seung Gi
2AM
Lee Seung Chul
Cho Yong Pil
K.will

*I'm probably just biased in voting for this one.*

Best Vocal Performance - Female
My pick: Lee Hi
Davichi
Lyn
IU
Ailee

*Yep, I'm still going with Lee Hi. Their voices are all amazing but Lee Hi has this x-factor that I can't explain.*

Best Band Performance
My pick: CNBLUE
Nell
Dick Punks
Busker Busker
Jaurim

*I only know CNBLUE among them*

Best Rap Performance
My pick: Dynamic Duo
MFBTY
Geeks
BaeChiGi
Verbal Jint

*I have this special liking for Gaeko ever since I saw him on Running Man*

Nissan Juke Best Music Video
My pick: G-Dragon
Busker Busker
Psy
Lee Seung Chul
Cho Yong Pil

*Again, I'm rooting for GD all the way!*

Best Original Soundtrack
My pick: Gu Family Book OST - Suzy
IRIS 2 OST - Davichi
That Winter, The Wind Blows OST - The One
Master's Sun OST - Yoon Mi Rae
I Hear Your Voice OST - Jung Yup

*I didn't choose Suzy just because she's Suzy, but because first, I love Gu Family Book, and second, the song's really great and it fits the show perfectly.*

Artist of the Year
My pick: G-Dragon

*I choose him probably because I want him to win any of the awards that he's nominated in. However, I believe that there are some artists that would be favored a lot other than GD*

BC - Union Pay Song of the Year
My pick: G-Dragon (Crooked)

*Crooked is a really good song and it's probably my most favorite among the songs in his new album. That's why I think GD's Crooked deserves this award*

That concludes the list of my picks for this year's MAMA. I hope I will be able to watch MAMA 2013 live on small screen or on the live stream on their website. I wish everyone luck, and I'm definitely looking forward to their performances!

No comments :

Post a Comment