Monday, October 7, 2013

K-Mondays: Upcoming Kdrama (October 2013)

I have three Kdramas on my list that I am planning to watch once it airs. I have just recently finished 'Master's Sun,' and it brought me back to the world of Kdrama again. Not that I didn't care to watch new dramas this year, but I just had my usual break from watching it. After Gu Family Book and Jang Ok Jung, I didn't have much energy to watch new Kdramas because I really loved Gu Family Book, but when Master's Sun aired, I tried watching again. Now that it's (Master's Sun) done, I watched it for like two days in a row, starting with episode 3 (where I stopped and waited for it to end first). I got hooked and now I'm hungry for more. I will first talk about the drama that would replace Master's Sun in its time slot in SBS.

왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라 - 상속자들 or simply, 'The Heirs,' is a rom-com about rich high school students whose life gets more exciting yet troublesome upon them having an encounter with a girl from the lower class. Check out the trailer with English subs by DramaFever below.


Firstly, I found the drama interesting because of the actors. It is packed with really popular celebrities nowadays like Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, and Kim Woo Bin. Also, f(x)'s Krystal will be in this drama, which got me real curious. Second, I saw the trailer from the end of 'Master's Sun,' and it seemed exciting to watch. Lastly, I searched about its synopsis, and it really was interesting although not that unique (it being about rich high school kids and all. Boys Over Flowers anyone?). Nonetheless, it still seems promising.

It will air this Wednesday, October 9, and I will definitely watch this, and will continue depending on my first impression. Haha.

Next Kdrama is Answer Me 1994. It's a spin-off of the drama Answer Me 1997/Reply 1997, which gained much popularity when it aired. Reply 1997 was really good, and I am looking forward to this spin-off. Check out the teaser below.


Go Ah Ra will be starring as a main character, and I just found out that Yoo Yun Suk (Park Tae Seo from Gu Family Book) will also be in this drama. I had found out about Answer Me 1994 way before The Heirs, and that's why I am probably more excited for this. 

This drama will concentrate on the emergence of Seo Taiji and Boys (equivalent to H.O.T. in Reply 1997) in 1994. I don't know if it will follow the format of Reply 1997, where the characters had a reunion, but I hope that it would somehow be like that too. It was so fun (albeit frustrating) trying to guess who will end up with whom in Reply 1997.

Answer Me 1994/Reply 1994 will air on October 18, 2013 on tvN. 


Marry Him If You Dare (teaser)

Last is 'Marry Him If You Dare'/'Mi Rae's Choice.' Yoo Eun Hye will be the main character, "Mi Rae" in this drama. I honestly got to know about this drama because of Yoo Eun Hye. I just finished re-watching Lie To Me (wherein YEH starred) with my mom and I wanted to know if Yoo Eun Hye will have a new drama series soon. Then I found out that there will be an upcoming Kdrama with her as the main character.

I liked the synopsis because it involves time travel. Mi Rae (YEH) comes back to her 32-year-old self in order to change her future, specifically her marriage to Kim Shin (Lee Dong Gun). I can imagine what would happen in this drama, but I don't know if the writer and I have the same ideas on how this drama would flow or end. However, I'm definitely looking forward to this because I love sci-fi romance stories.

This drama will air on October 14 in KBS2, Monday & Tuesday 22:00 time slot.

I don't know whether I'll be sticking to watching all of these three Kdramas, but I will surely watch all of their first episodes. Feel free to comment on which upcoming Kdramas you're looking forward to this year! (or maybe on early 2014)

No comments :

Post a Comment