Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Extra! : A Reply 1994 Fangirling Spree.

Last week's K-Mondays was about Answer Me 1994 or Reply 1994's first episode. After writing that, I immediately watched the second episode, and boy did a new revelation came about. Trash or sseu re gi was implied to be Na Jung's "oppa" or older brother until I watched episode 2, where it was revealed that he's not his older brother by blood, but just someone who's close to their family. Upon knowing that, I immediately got hooked to Reply 1994 because I really was interested in Trash's character, like what I mentioned in my post for Reply 1994's first episode. I said that I was looking forward to the character development of Trash, and it was immediately given to me in the second episode. It's not actually development, but a revelation instead, but that revelation (that he's not really Na Jung's oppa) will eventually pave way for potential development in his awesome character. Some might not like Trash's character because he can be also Na Jung's prospective husband despite his character being like that but I find it charming how he's not just one dense individual and that he still has many things to offer to the story.


I also want to talk about Na Jung's potential husband. The story basically revolves around that, minus everyone's experiences in their 20's and the drama it involves. What makes us really watch it (I suppose) is the mystery that involves her future husband. There are 5 prospects: Trash, Chil Bong, Hai Tai, Samchunpo, and Binggrae. Two of the strongest ones are Trash and Chil Bong. Now that I've just watched the latest episode (episode 4), Chil Bong is really as strong candidate. Why? Apparently, the husband's real name is Kim Jae Joon, and it was revealed that Chil Bong's real name (or nickname) is Joon, with what Binggrae called him to get his attention. Also, it was revealed that both Samchunpo and Trash's surname is Kim. Another one is that Chil Bong and Binggrae, are maternal cousins but have the same surname. From what I also understand, they have the same character in their names but I'm not sure if it's the surname or their first name.

Now I understand why they all have weird nicknames, because it's all part of the mystery. It's exciting getting to guess what their real names are. Also, I forgot to mention that Samchunpo appears to have a name that does not suit his face, according to Na Jung's dad. I'm looking forward even more to the next two episodes because of these revelations regarding Na Jung's husband! I'll be waiting. Hohoho!

No comments :

Post a Comment