Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Welcome gift from Seoul Metropolitan Government.

Hi, Hello!

As a newly appointed Global Seoul-Mate, I received a little something from the Seoul Metropolitan Government as a welcome gift. They didn't announce what it would be before they asked for everyone's addresses, so basically it was a surprise. One hot day in Dubai, I got a call from my dad asking if I bought something again from Korea. 


The package!

You see, I used my dad's work address to receive the gift because we don't have a home P.O. Box and sadly, if you don't have a P.O. Box in the U.A.E., you wouldn't be able to receive any parcels from the local post office. I didn't want to put my address in the Philippines because first, I'm not there to receive it and second, I want to see it immediately. So, I put my dad's work P.O. Box. Something terrible actually happened before when I used our home address here and didn't write a P.O. Box number when I received a parcel from Korea (again). It was when I bought my Bigbang Alive Tour in Seoul DVD from YGE's ebay account. My parcel got shipped back to Korea because of incomplete address! Can you believe that? I was devastated. I had to pay for another shipping fee just so they could ship it again to Dubai. And oh, the cost of the shipping fee is not cheap and I bet all online shoppers (especially fangirls!) like me would be able to empathize.

Moving on, I opened the parcel and tah-dah! A jacket from New Balance came out.


Unfortunately, it doesn't fit. It was a free-sized jacket, but tailored for Koreans. Koreans basically have slender bodies and so it didn't fit me. In that photo, my sister wore the jacket. Guess who gets to use the jacket now? Yep. Her. I found the jacket cute and very Korean in terms of design and it has high quality material.

Finally, I want to thank the Seoul Metropolitan Government for the lovely gift and I will continue on writing good stuff about not only Seoul, but also the whole Korean culture that I love.

No comments :

Post a Comment