Monday, July 15, 2013

K-Mondays: Falling in Love with 2NE1



You ready? You ready?
Are you ready? You ain't ready.
Touch me over here, touch me touch me over there..
Touch me over here, Touch me over there..


As a non-Korean speaker, I can only trust on the little English lyrics that K-pop song writers thoughtfully insert to K-pop songs. This time around, the whole opening lyrics in 2NE1's new single, Falling in Love is in English! Well, enough about that. The Falling in Love M/V above was released last July 7th. It has been since getting into the top of the charts in Korea. Furthermore, 2NE1 will release a few singles before fully coming out with their new album. So, I'm done with the facts. Why indeed did I mention something about the few English lyrics in the song? I don't understand Korean (just a little..some phrases is all) but I love K-pop songs. Why is that? At first, because of the beautiful guys singing pop songs (Super Junior, perhaps?). However, time has passed and I still am an avid fan of K-pop. I don't have a particular favorite music genre, so if it sounds good, I'll like it. It doesn't matter what the lyrics are. In fact, I only care about the lyrics if the music is not at par to my taste. In this case, I like Falling in Love alright. It has an upbeat, reggae feel to it but it still has the low bass beats that I need. The lyrics? Well, I haven't looked up the translation yet so I don't have any comments on that. 

Finally, the music video. The concept is good, and I'm sure the story has something to do with what the lyrics say (about falling in love I guess?). The summer feel, the bright, easy-to-the-eyes colors, and beautiful boys fit well with the music I hear. It's perfect for a summer release. There are two things (no, not things. It's not right to materialize men either haha just kidding) that I love further other than its whole summer feel. That is Lee Soo Hyuk and Hong Jong Hyun. These two are gorgeous models/actors. I especially love Hong Jong Hyun because he's so charming in Dating Agency: Cyrano! Enough about the men alright. Although a bit different from their usual "bad girl" style, it's still a refreshing comeback.

Nevertheless, the most awaited comeback of the year is here so I wouldn't dare say anything bad about my girls. I'm thankful enough for their comeback this year. 2NE1, nolza!

No comments :

Post a Comment