Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reel Thursday: While You Were Sleeping.

Sandra Bullock is the queen of chick flick, along with Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Aniston. I'm a sucker for chick flick and as much as they have cliché plots, I still love them, watch them over and over again, and make my friends and family watch them. Back to Sandra Bullock, she's an actress who became well-known for a number of romantic-comedy films that she starred in. 


The romantic-comedy/chick flick that I'm going to talk about is While You Were Sleeping. It was released way back, when I was just two years old. Obviously, I just watched that recently since I haven't really heard about it with all the English words I knew when I was 2. And so, while looking for chick flicks to watch, I came across it, and decided to watch because of the plot and well, Sandra Bullock.
I would say that this part reminded me of Sandra Bullock's 2009 film, The Proposal. In The Proposal, she also confronted everyone in the family that she'll not be marrying Ryan Reynolds' character because it just wasn't right. Oh, Sandra.





The story's about Lucy (Sandra Bullock), a token collector on a train station who has a secret crush on a regular passenger, Peter (shown above). On Christmas day, Lucy saved Peter after he had fallen on the tracks and brought him to the hospital. 


Because of some weird situation that happened in the hospital, Peter's family thought that Lucy was Peter's fiancé, while Peter was in coma. It is safe to say that the viewer would expect that Lucy might end up Peter's real fiancé after he wakes up from coma. However, that's not the case. Lucy's partner is not Peter but Peter's younger brother, Jack. Lucy and Jack develop feelings for each other "while Peter was sleeping," hence the title. 



I admit, I was a little bit disappointed that the male lead wasn't Peter but when I saw Lucy and Jack's chemistry, I fell in love. They were so cute together that it made me feel all tingly inside. Their love is so innocent and heart-warming. 


Just when the two love birds develop feelings for each other, Peter wakes up and we find out that he has a real fiancé (screen cap above). It's too late though, because Peter was convinced that Lucy is indeed his fiancé, that he just have selective amnesia that's why he forgot all about her. As Peter got to know Lucy, he realizes how good of a person she is and decided that he could marry her in order for him to have a fresh start. Poor Jack though, because he already has feelings for Lucy. Lucy cannot say no, on the other hand, because she still hasn't admitted that she wasn't really Peter's fiancé in the first place.


So Peter proposed and decided to marry Lucy. Just before the wedding started, Lucy confessed that she is in love with Jack, and that she had never been Peter's fiancé. She was afraid to admit that she is not really Peter's fiancé because she thought that Peter's whole family would hate her, just after she already got used to them, and even loved them as if they're her own family.






In chick flicks/rom-com, without a doubt, everything works out and the main leads will eventually end together. Jack proposed to Lucy through the ticket booth by placing the ring on the token bowl thingy. Isn't that cute? *aww* Jack came with the whole family (except for Peter) to watch the proposal, since Lucy admitted that she also fell in love with them. So cute.




And what do you know? They got married! Instead of a car, they get a train.

Overall, this film left me in a good mood and as what chick flicks do, leaves me feeling good about life. I intended for this post to be not so detailed so that everyone would enjoy the small yet funny/cute things in the movie.

Ciao.


No comments :

Post a Comment