Friday, April 26, 2013

2013 Global Seoul Mate.

When I got home today from a get-together with my high school friends, I opened my e-mail accounts and noticed that I received an e-mail with the subject "Notice of appointment of 2013 Global Seoul Mate." My eyes widened and I was so excited to receive the news, be it good or not so bad. The e-mail was empty (I couldn't wait for the photo to load) so I don't know if I that's good or bad. Next thing I did was to visit the Notice page of the Seoul Metropolitan Government website regarding the acceptance of 2013 Global Seoul Mates. I didn't get my hopes up because all news that I've been receiving are not that good these days that I was guessing that I won't be able to get a spot. However, I was shocked to know that I've been recruited as an official Global Seoul Mate!


My bronze medal/badge as a Global Seoul Mate.

So what is a Global Seoul Mate? Simply put, they are people (foreigners!) recognized by the Seoul Metropolitan Government, who spreads their love, passion, and affinity for the wonderful city of Seoul through blogging and social media. Of course, if you do a good job in becoming a Global Seoul Mate, the Seoul Metropolitan Government might just recognize you and give you things or opportunities that you have been waiting for! For more info, visit this.

Personally, I find this strategy of having Global Seoul Mates really wise and useful. As Seoul is a really popular travel destination nowadays, it is indeed effective for their tourism to make use of the internet to gain more love from the public. It is really important that the world not only knows about Seoul but also knows it as a "place they'd rather be" on a vacation or even forever.

My Pledge:

I am a person who loves all things related to Korea and that's why I became a Global Seoul Mate.  Making use of my strange(?) fondness for Seoul, I would be able extend my feelings and thoughts to the people in the internet. I will also make sure to pitch in ideas on how to further make Seoul as appealing to the world as possible.


Seoul, My destiny.

No comments :

Post a Comment