Monday, February 25, 2013

Best Chick Flicks.

I've been looking up more chick flicks to watch since yesterday because I just had the urge to see some heartwarming films to get into the mood. Now, I'm not much of a know-it-all in the chick flick film genre but when I looked up lists of must watch, I didn't have much to discover because I've already watched most of them. So, with my not-so-expert knowledge of these films I shall make a list of my Top 15 Best Chick Flicks of All Time. This list will include those which I would watch over and over again and those which made me hungover. I will also go with intuition; first movies which comes to my mind will be considered as my favorites. Also, this list includes what I've watched ever since I loved chick flicks, up until now. Placing is decided by its impact.

15. 17 Again
Reasons why we love chick flicks? Cute actors. Zac Efron + Matthew Perry? Whew. Grown up man going back to high school with all the new trends.. See what happens. 4 out of 5 stars!

14. The Switch

"Friend is the father of your baby? Whoa, I want to watch this." Was my reaction to this new concept injected in chick flick. It was definitely worth it and I love the kid! 4 out of 5 stars.

13. You Again

Humor. I honestly couldn't remember any good points of this movie except for fun filled fights and hilarious granny wars (Betty White FTW!). Anyways, 3 out of 5 stars!

12. A Walk to Remember


"In places no one would find.." Soundtrack is amazing. Who hasn't watched this yet? Well, prepare tissues. Probably the most lovable tearjerker ever. 5 out of 5 stars for making me cry.

11. Bridesmaids

My first impression on this was "Too boring to go on." Well, first impression would take me nowhere. I gathered the energy to continue and it was awesome! Definitely women empowering and hilarious in a different kind of way. Just don't take it too seriously and it will be fun! 4 out of 5 stars!

10. Easy A


Emma Stone is just lovely in this film. Teen film in a modern setting where bitches aren't who they were supposed to be like before and tackles all sorts of unique teenage issues. A definite A! 5 out of 5.

9. The Devil Wears Prada
Fashion and passion. Love the overall concept of the film. Must watch for fashion lovers! 5 out of 5 stars.

8. Ruby Sparks

As you can notice, I enjoy watching chick flicks with a different twists to them. The idea of making someone out of imagination into reality is definitely intriguing, thus the interest to watch. It came out pretty well and that's why I recommend! 4 out of 5 stars.

7. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Another teen film with a great sense. Maybe music lovers would be much more attached. Set in one night, filled with crazy events. 5 out of 5 stars!

6. Pitch Perfect

"You guys are gonna get pitch-slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave." FAT AMY is the best! I'm not much of a fan of musical films but this one pitch-slapped me real hard. It's Aca-awesome! 5 out of 5!

5. Juno

Best teenage pregnancy film ever. Well, who makes teenage pregnancy films this witty and fun? Gotta love Juno. Not outrageously funny though. Just plain witty and tackles the subject somewhat lightly. 5 out of 5.

4. The Proposal

Ryan Reynolds? Uhm, Ahuh! One of those hilarious yet romantic (sort-of) film. Of course, Betty White does it again! 5 out of 5.

3. She's the Man
Funniest thing about this film is: Amanda Bynes becoming a guy. She's a cute guy for Pete's sake. Cannot say much but let me tell ya: I've watched this countless of times. Feel-good film and freaking hilarious bromance! Exceeds 5 out of 5.

2. Just Go With It

Rom-com veterans together in a film? Total awesomeness. Like She's the Man, I don't know how much I've repeated watching this. Love the chemistry and the humor. Exceeds 5 out of 5.

1. Mean Girls

First chick flick that I've loved. I cannot stress how much I memorize the lines in this movie. Still the best chick flick for me! Exceeds 5 out of 5.

Runner-Ups:

Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging
Jawbreaker
Aquamarine

No comments :

Post a Comment