Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Soundtrip Tuesday: Michael Jackson, Ji Yeon, Spotify!

Young people of our generation have easier access to music, and have more convenient gadgets to store it in. That's why it's easier to listen to music these days. Even those people who really don't take time to look for songs that could put them in a good mood, or just represent what they're feeling, like to listen to pop songs perhaps. I am one of those people who are not really into music as a "music lover" is usually described as, but nowadays, with more convenient locations (online) to stream music (like Spotify) I have grown to listen to other genres that I don't usually touch on back then. Spotify is now available in the Philippines and I was one of those people who were thrilled because of it. I now have a separated weekly blog post dedicated to music because I want to be more adventurous in listening to different genres of music all over the world.

For this first post, I will talk about some recent releases in the pop genre.

From what I found out, Michael Jackson released a posthumous album entitled "Xscape" and one of the lead singles in that album was Love Never Felt So Good. I like the version with Justin Timberlake. It's a feel good song that captures a disco-like rhythm that just makes me move my body along with the beat. It's one of those songs that you'd want to listen to when you wake up in the morning, or at night when you're just having fun with your friends at home and probably enjoying some drinks. 


Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake

The next pop song is from the K-pop scene. Park Jiyeon or Ji Yeon just released the music video of the lead single of her mini album. Check out the M/V below.


Never Ever [1분1초] by Ji Yeon

I like Ji Yeon ever since I watched a bit of Heroes (K-Variety show) and of all T-ara members, I am quite fond of her. This is her first single going solo, and I think it's pretty different of her usual cutesy actions. However, it's also a bit expected that she'd be doing something like this, and by this I mean a sexy concept. As she's just transitioned into an adult K-pop artist, it's about time she did a sexy concept song on her own, especially that together with Hyomin and Eunjung, she's the most "out-there" or "omnipresent" member of T-ara. The unique choreography matched with the sexy song is enough for a K-pop song to become popular, and I think this video just might make it if people are not tired of such things. Other than that, the song and music video is good, and it reminds me of Sistar's Alone and Ga In for some reason. I'll be looking forward to her live performances and of course the response of the K-netizens and actual K-pop fans.

No comments :

Post a Comment