Monday, May 19, 2014

Movie Monday: That Awkward Moment (2014)


That Awkward Moment stars Zac Efron, Miles Teller, and Michael B. Jordan as the three main male characters. These three are best friends, and based from the trailer, the story is about those three men who promised to be single in order to support one of them, Mikey (Michael B. Jordan) who just broke up with his wife. However, things got messy when the two, Jason (Zac Efron) and Daniel (Miles Teller) seem to connect with what they thought was just a hook-up.

You can check out the trailer below.



I found this movie because its trailer was shared by one of my Facebook friends and I thought it was interesting enough.. Okay I admit it. It was interesting because of Zac Efron's naked scene on the toilet. I watched the movie and here's what I thought. The movie is about men who glorifies being single and loves living the life of having just hook-ups and never a relationship. The only man who was in a relationship was Mikey, who just broke up with his wife. That's why the two single men encouraged him to live a new life as a single man and try to find women in bars and have a one-night fling. The two, however, finally found "the one" that was a keeper that will literally keep them from finding women to just have hook-ups with. That's basically the movie. Zac Efron's love line was given more attention to as the flow of the story started with him and ended with his love story. 

I would give the movie a 3 out of 5 stars. It was entertaining, the jokes were funny enough and the stories were average. It was focused on the men growing up and falling in love thing and that's the selling point of the movie but I just don't think that the way it was portrayed was the best thing to show it. I say this because I think that their "promise" to be single together was nonsense and it's not a good enough reason for this kind of story to revolve in. I finished it though, and I found everything other than that good in this movie.

No comments :

Post a Comment