Monday, March 4, 2013

Skyscrapers and Observatories.

It is one of my goals in life to visit some world famous skyscrapers/buildings/observatory decks. The reason is that I love looking from a bird's eye view and soaking in the beauty of the city be it at night or day. My journey started in May 2010, when I went back to Dubai for summer vacation during college. My parents and I planned to visit Burj Khalifa's observatory deck as it was newly opened for public viewing. Being the world's tallest building since January 2010, I was so exhilarated most especially when we were at the elevator. After arriving "At the Top," I was so amazed for a while and started taking pictures of the astounding view. Of course, I also managed to have my photos taken by my mom.



This photo was taken pre-opening of Burj Khalifa, December 2009 I think.


Excuse my "clown" face. Of course, the obligatory peace-sign.


Night view from the 124th floor of Burj Khalifa. Stunning Dubai.

In December 2011, my sister and I went to Seoul, South Korea. We visited two buildings' observatory. First is the 63 Building. The reason why this building was included in our itinerary is because of the Korean drama "My Girl." I love that Kdrama and I really wanted to visit that building so that I could rekindle the emotion that My Girl made me feel. 63 Building has both an Art Gallery and Observation deck on the 60th floor and the elevators have glass windows so that as people go up (or down), they can also enjoy the view.


Han River view from the 60th floor of 63 Building.



Seoul at night.



Oh the traffic jam.



And the mandatory photo.



Second (in Seoul) is the N Seoul Tower, located on Namsan Mountain. To fully enjoy the trip to N Seoul Tower, one must ride the Namsan cable car to the tower. 




Inside the cable car.


Pavilion at the grounds of N Seoul Tower.



"Love locks" turned into trees for Christmas. Excuse the jealous face.



View from the mountain.


Where you get your tickets. Duh.


Teddy Bear Museum also at N Seoul Tower.





More Teddy Bears.



Tiles with messages.



Seoul.





Ze toilet.



At the toilet, there's a view. Coolness.




N Seoul Tower.

Lastly, like what I've already posted in the past, my family and I went to Singapore in 2012. We visited Marina Bay Sands on our last day and took photos outside on our first day. See post here





So far, I've gone to four buildings in 3 different countries. I pledge and hope that there would be more to come! Now, here's a list of my target skyscrapers/towers/buildings:

Tokyo Tower, Tokyo, Japan.
Empire State Building, New York, U.S.A.
Eiffel Tower, Paris, France.
Macau Tower, Macau, PRC. (Also Bunjee!)
Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Canton Tower, Guangzhou, China.
Taipei 101, Taipei, Taiwan.

And many more!


No comments :

Post a Comment