Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Singapore October 2012 Day 1

After 3 months, I've decided to blog about our family's trip to Singapore. The reason I've been delaying writing about this is because I don't have Adobe PS Lightroom. I've been a Mac user for 8 months now and I really haven't been looking for Mac versions of Lightroom that's why I don't have one. I use Lightroom to enhance photos from my DSLR but now I'm sad that these photos are going in my blog RAW. Well, let's start the trip!


                                                   

Here's a gratuitous photo of myself at Changyi International Airport.

My family and I went to Singapore last October just days after my graduation. We were there for 4 days (I know, it's too short!) mainly because we don't have that much free time (not my parents and sister anyway, I have too much free time now). Just days before our trip, we planned our itinerary and we kind of followed it but that's just how itineraries go; you make it, but all sorts of problems come up in the actual vacation.

First stop: Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Reason? Well, my mom insisted that we go there first to buy tickets for Sky Park (at the top of the hotel). Funny story though. We don't need to reserve for tickets, we could just walk-in on the day that we want to go. That's why we just went around the mall near the hotel and decided to go to a place where the weird hotel with the boat on top (that's what I used to call it) is visibly photogenic so that my sister could take photos with her posing near it. That place was near the Esplanade.


Cakes at Sweet Spot. They also have yummy & colorful macarons! We ended up buying lots.


Underground train station near the mall or within it.



Well yeah. The obligatory photo with the hotel. It was damn hard to get a shot with my face on it cause of the lighting.


We waited for these awesome lights to come and dance.


And that's where the Merlion with the water coming out of its mouth is located.


The hotel with a boat on top.


Another GPOY. This bridge leads to where the Merlion is.


A vacation in Singapore is not complete without a photo of this. Bonus: the Marina Bay Sands Hotel at the background!



No comments :

Post a Comment