Monday, January 20, 2014

K-Mondays: Prime Minister and I (Kdrama)


Prime Minister and I poster from AsianWiki.

Prime Minister and I stars Lee Beom Soo and Yoona (Girl's Generation) as the titular characters, "Prime Minister" and "I," respectively. It started airing last December 2013 (on a Monday & Tuesday run time), and is almost nearing its end. I've only started watching it and I really got hooked. I'm not that of a fan of Yoona, and I'm not really familiar with Lee Beom Soo, that's why I didn't have the motivation to watch this drama when it first aired.

Now for the story..

This drama is about the Prime Minister of Korea who married a young reporter due to circumstances the they were in. Of course, like any other cliché K-drama goes, they don't like each other but still goes through with the wedding for convenient reasons. It's then called a "contract wedding" and so they struggle to keep this secret only between those people who were involved in making the decision. Even the Prime Minister's family (three kids) and Nam Da Jung's (Yoona) sick father are not aware of the wedding being a hoax. 

As you might've noticed, the story is quite the same with Full House and Goong (which are two of my favorite Kdramas). The main characters get into a "contract wedding," where they have to pretend that they're all sweet and in love with each other when in reality, they hate each other and that they're just starting to fall in love. I love clichés like that, and so I easily got hooked with the story. I didn't really bother to look up this drama when it aired, but when I didn't have anything to watch on a certain day, I tried it out and ended up watching most of the episodes that's already out. What I like about this drama is that I don't expect any surprising twists or even exciting scenes from it. Just the good all romance of two people stuck in a situation wherein they're meant to fall in love, seals the deal for me. Clichés never disappoint, since you already know what could happen. I love it!

Not recommended though for those who hate clichés and those people who live for criticizing these sort of Korean romantic comedy drama. By the way, I don't have screenshots for this drama because I didn't download it due to lack of space in my hard drive (whale cries). I do need a new external hard drive because my 1 TB one is already full of movies, dramas, sitcoms, and anime. (whale cries again)

Watch it, cry, laugh and cringe at times.

No comments :

Post a Comment